Thinking.…Well my thoughts about blogging, tweeting, face booking etc, hmm actually it is only because of this assessment that I created a twitter and wordpress blog account. While I already had a facebook account I still felt a bit reserved in taking part or joining the crowd in the exploration of social media. However I must say, while privacy and shyness are the very few reasons I didn’t like to do this, i do feel great now that I have been blogging and learning more about social media tools and how they can really help!
Initially it took me a while to get my head around the different styles and tools and widgets etc that you can use to enhance your blog appearance and experience. I couldn’t understand what the dashboard does and how to set the widget or make up my mind on the theme page to choose🙂 Using Word Press has been great! And I am eager to learn more and continue to learn the different setting and explore the tools that helps with blogging.
My Checklist for this assignment:
- Welcome page – check
- About Me – check
- Regular ,dated entries – check
- Archive – check
- Contact – Response/Feedback/Leave a note – check (feedback on “About” page)
- Custom menu with (sub)categories – check
- Add icons to publicise your posts on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Linkedin, and Yahoo!, – check
- Site map – semi check🙂
- Use of Widgets (i.e., Display a hit/view counter on your blog via using the Blog Stats Widget) – check
- Claiming your blog through Technorati (search engine for blogs – allows you to use Technorati services to increase your blog’s visibility). – check
Considered reflections that describe your experiences in creating, editing and using your blog – check – the 4C’s
Considered reflections, learning and opinions on the concepts and issues covered over weeks 1-5.
Bonus marks will be allocated to those students who exhibit Cook’s 4Cs, Communication, Connection, Cooperation and Collaboration – check.
I plan to do more blogging and participate in more social media expeditions to help me keep up with the latest.
Thank you all who “liked” and commented on my posts.